Tuesday, January 5, 2010

South Africa 12/28

Made it to Jo’burg, South Africa! Sat next to an anesthesia expert who is coming to South Africa to visit her brother. In the next couple of years she is planning on a trip with doctors without borders with her plastic surgeon husband. For a 18 hour flight it was very nice to sit next to someone I enjoyed talking to. When we got off the plane I was wishing we could travel together for a bit before I had to get on another plane. Met Janet Guyer who is the presbytery liaison for AIDS in Africa (not sure of the exact title). Had dinner with her and passed on some things that I had brought to her. Then she drove me to the Airport Game Lodge. A very peaceful stay, nice room and I slept pretty well being about 8 hours out of sync with my body. tho awoke way too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment