Tuesday, January 19, 2010

weekend relaxation?

This weekend I stayed with the Ter Haar children (all 6 of them). Mom and Dad went to the lake. I agreed to this after about 3 days of being here. With the cold that I caught (probably from the same little people) I couldn’t really talk much and didn’t have any energy to speak of. And yet it went fine…only 2 criers on Friday. Of course they were up every two hours all night until I finally gave in and had them crawl into bed with me. Saturday felt like a marathon after not much sleep and kids all ready to go go go. Rhona came over (thank goodness) and we went to the market for lunch of chips (potato wedges) and coke (or fanta). After getting completely greased up (after putting the chips into the bag they add a spoonful of salt and some more of the frying grease) we went back home for some running around and then a movie. More tears before dinner so we called mom and completely broke down on the phone—even the one who had a smile on her face the whole weekend. Obviously we were overtired. Bedtime was no problem that night (I got a full nights sleep) Rhona and I got to go home around 4 only to have the realization that our weekend was over and work was up again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment