Friday, January 8, 2010

i'm still alive

Week 1 is done. Well it is Friday now. I made it through. Exhausted. I think I could sleep all weekend but that wouldn’t do. Today was the best so far. Still working on the listening, even just hearing me when I speak. Understanding is going to take longer. Cleaning up at the end of the day is a nightmare. Lawrence, the teachers’ assistant, sweeps and mops everyday—I never would have imagined it was so necessary but it is. Today we played with balls, using the colors green, red and yellow, the numbers 1, 2, and 3 and Legos for the concepts of top, middle and bottom. And we’ll probably do the same thing again on Monday.

I got a housemate Wednesday night. Rhona from Liverpool. She’s a doctor and is working at the hospital (today is day 1 for her). I think we are going to get along very well.

4 comments:

  1. hurray for friday! glad you got a roommate - she'll keep you in line...

    i hope you post pics soon as i doubt i'll be coming to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely have enjoyed reading your entries today. I just finished reading them to Bill -- think that'll become a habit. Hang in there, girl! We're proud of you and wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jessi, my name is Sue Makin. I'm a friend of Barbara Nagy, and spent many happy days and night in the house where you are staying now. I am so glad that you are in Nkhoma. I hope and pray your time there is happy, satisfying, hopeful, enriching,and good. Love in Christ, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. trying to get pictures up...slow connections...Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers. I’m looking forward to my stay in Nkhoma and have enjoyed it so far.

    ReplyDelete