Friday, January 29, 2010

one month

This week has gone well. Monday and Tuesday were normal, crazy days and I’m either getting used to this craziness or it really is getting better. Everything still goes in their mouths and their ears stop working after I say someone’s name (that child’s and everyone else’s) but I’m not getting quite as frustrated. Wednesday I had to go into Lilongwe to renew my visa (upon entering the country you can get 30 days, then you can renew for 60 more, not sure what happens after that—we’ll see come end of March). Thursday and Friday were fine. I was very impressed on Thursday, I think that Lawrence-the assistant for the school who had my class Wednesday- did something magical. They seemed to listen just a little bit more. Today they were more normal and then it began to rain/downpour in the middle of their break/recess time…so they came in and had more class time as I can’t get them to play games yet as they don’t listen to rules. We read many stories and did puzzles. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment