Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Beginning!!??

Well not really the beginning. I think it started in July when I started the idea...But the start of the actual travel was yesterday. In which case I should be in Johannesburg (Jo’burg), South Africa now but it wasn’t meant to be yet. The blizzard in Chicago held up my plane in Charlotte and so I (and most other travelers) missed the connection. Standing in line for 4 hours to get to the customer service desk, I got to stay at the Hyatt Dulles (WOW) and meet all sorts of people in line. Slept so well (granted I thought I was ON the flight today) and had what was quite possibly the first of very many strange dreams as a side effect of the antimalaria pills I’m taking. (big dinner out doors, spilling/tripping and catapulting mashed potatoes while trying to clear up, and trying to make a model of the building we were sitting outside of) Back to the airport today and lines to get a ticket (standby) and then to check in at the gate (still standby) The plane yesterday must have been empty as we all now are on standby for the flight tonight.

2 comments:

  1. May God bless you on your travels. I was with a group once that missed a Jo'burg connection at JFK by 20 minutes due to a thunder storm. We got out on the "next" flight 24 hours later. Sweet dreams (with those pills). jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it was easy everybody would do it......

    ReplyDelete