Wednesday, December 15, 2010

possibility for next year

The year is coming to a close very quickly (especially since I actually had this conversation in mid November and am just writing about it now). Offers to come back next year with a different job. I’ve been talking with James Veitch about coming to work with him in the Youth Department of the Synod. It would involve learning Chichewa which I still feel that I haven’t picked up at all. and that is the only thing that I know for sure. The rest is finding out how a Malawian girl grows up and what kinds of things the church can do, meeting with the 16 presbyteries that the synod covers and meeting with the congregations. Attending and helping to teach and plan trainings (not quite sure for what) and camps or retreats. And writing reports of what I learn…it sounds interesting and difficult and he’s warned me that it will be hard and lonely and that I will encounter things that will be frustrating and discouraging and that I can do nothing about. Somehow I’m still entertaining the idea of coming back…

No comments:

Post a Comment