Thursday, December 16, 2010

home again

Long flights and lots of tears as we flew away. Dorothy and I couldn’t sit next to each other on either flight (Lilongwe-jo’burg, jo’burg-dc) as they were full and somehow people prebooked seats. She was close to the middle of the plane and I was all the way in the back—no reclining for the long flight. Watched 5 movies (none of which had I heard of after a year in Africa)…think I slept a little in between but not too much. Had to say goodbye to Dorothy on the plane before we landed in DC and it was good we did because we didn’t see each other after. Seemed strange and unreal. Then my last flight to charlotte where my parents were to pick me up…they were right at the security exit and they didn’t recognize me…guess braids and glasses are a pretty good disguise…I think my face lighting up and the flipflops were a giveaway…I’m so not ready for winter…

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Jessi. My prayers for a safe return have been answered. Have a very merry Christmas and a great New Year of "travel continued."

    jim

    ReplyDelete