Thursday, December 16, 2010

goodbyes

I took the Ebenezer staff to lunch in the market after the Christmas program. So now they know first hand that I eat nsima (they didn’t seem to believe that I do) but I also noticed that most of them ordered the rice plate not the nsima…Mr. Banda loves agogo (Dorothy) and it was quite and entertaining lunch. Also amazing is that I spent less than $15 for lunch for 12 people…

I took in cookies on my last day at school and went through each class to say goodbye. Not really sad as the kids would wave and then hold out their hands for their cookies but it was nice either way. It was strange to leave on Friday as I wouldn’t be back before I left on Monday…

Saturday afternoon we had a get together in our yard—well the porch downstairs since we still don’t have neighbors and can use it. lots of hospital staff came to send rhona off and some of the school staff came for Dorothy and me. It was a nice gathering with cakes and snacks. I was actually late because I got my hair braided again but only 15 minutes so I still beat most people there. Hard to say goodbye (esp when you figure you’ll run into most of them again before Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment