Monday, December 6, 2010

braids

Took the time in the afternoons to explore the option of getting my hair braided. Went to the Beauty Saloon just down from the hospital on the way to the market. About 5 dollars to get my hair braided but of course I have to get some extra hair (surprise to me as I have tons of hair) so one of the girls I know from bible study was in town and offered to pick it up for me…she came home with 6 bags of fake hair! I went in early on Saturday and about 6 hours later came out with braids and a very heavy and painful head. I’d taken IBprofen before going in but definitely felt it when it wore off and they still had 2 hours of pulling and braiding left. I don’t know how the little girls sit through it! I was told to take more of the pills at lunchtime (long passed for me) and before bed otherwise I wouldn’t sleep. And they were right though I still didn’t sleep too well…

I’ve had various reactions from liking it to “what happened to your head?” but I like it and think that it works pretty well on me. I wore it with my Malawian suit to school on Monday and was a big hit among the teachers and the students.

1 comment: