Thursday, March 1, 2012

technology

So I found out last night that someone from the first world was trying to call me but my number didn’t exist…but she was able to text me and I received that…but try as she might all evening for calls I didn’t exist…reminded me of trying to call my sister for her birthday this year…I called and got an automated response (first in Chichewa and then English) telling me that the number I had was not valid. I thought about texting her but she blocks them as her carrier charges her for incoming texts…so instead I texted my brother to pass on birthday greetings as I wasn’t sure I’d be able to get online…turns out she had changed her number…but I guess since I’m in Africa I wasn’t expected to need it so I wasn’t informed.
Also can’t remember if I put this in…I have heard that sometimes people here can skype…and I have it installed on my computer so sometimes I can chat with people…but it doesn’t ever say that the connection is good enough to talk or video chat…and others can (sometimes). So I searched some online to see if there is a fix…it suggested that I uninstall and reinstall the skype…so I tried…got it uninstalled and then couldn’t get it to reinstall…finally succeeded in reinstalling but had the same problem…it says my computer is running too slowly and I should close everything else…but nothing else was open. Asked for other suggestions and I was told to add RAM (but I should have enough) and the other suggestion was to try internet in an non-third world country…

No comments:

Post a Comment