Thursday, March 22, 2012

game of telephone

Just before I moved out of Barbara’s house the power went out…only at the house, not all over nkhoma which would be normal power sharing. So I called Escom (power company) to report the fault…Hi there is no power at my house in nkhoma. “I will check if it is power sharing” I have—it is only my house “ok. Which house?” nagy, n-a-g-y. “N-a-d-y” no n-a-g-y “n-a-d” no. (I couldn’t for anything come up with a word that started with g) a-b-c-d-e-f-g “oh d” no. (I recited the alphabet again…and we finally got to the right letter. I tell you what…sometimes we think that they do this on purpose just to see how far we will go…sometime between midnight and 4am the power was restored to the house…i was quite sad that it wasn’t an all over power cut as they were having some kind of party/revival at William Murray with a sound system that they turn up to full power with yelling and singing and preaching and it went on all night…when I woke at 4 I thought someone had a radio on my porch (I’d forgotten about the party) and couldn’t figure out why there would be someone on the porch…then it registered that it was preaching from the school…

No comments:

Post a Comment