Monday, September 30, 2013

Fat Lip

Last week I was taking a little break from getting some teaching aids ready for teachers. They are laminated calendar pictures of animals. My task was to put a few facts about the animal on the picture. As they wanted it in French I typed it up and sent it to get proof-read before putting them on. Then I printed, cut, and taped them on with clear packing tape. They look pretty good and I hope they get used. 
Anyway, back to my break...
I was laying down watching something on my kindle when I felt a little twinge and then my lip started swelling. Well, I didn't know it was swelling but it had that novocain feeling of having just been to the dentist. I went to Marty to see if he had any ideas and he told me to take some Benadryl right away. It kept getting bigger for a little while until I was completely lopsided. Then it stopped. Dinner was interesting as everyone thought I looked pretty funny (and I had to agree with them) and it is awkward to eat with a fat lip. Another Benadryl before bed and when I woke in the morning they aid it was looking better but I didn't see a difference. Taught two classes and it continued to go down. By my afternoon class it wasn't too noticeable but they had all heard about it. By dinner that night it was gone but we continue to speculate about what caused it. 
*Marty told me a couple of days later that something similar had started to happen to him but he took the Benadryl right away and it disappeared. We are thinking that it is a reaction to an ant bite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment