Monday, May 28, 2012

sunrise

There was a crew from the Guest house that was going up the mountain the next weekend. I was invited along and didn’t see any reason not to go…and many reasons to go. I love getting out and being up on the mountain is great. And the girls are very entertaining. 6 medical students (5 english and 1 dutch). We started up and everyone’s bags looked quite large but they were carrying their own so I wasn’t going to say anything. One of the girls even brought her tent-mosquito net to sleep under. It actually sprinkled a little bit on the way up but I couldn’t believe it was possible as we are supposed to be in dry season and really 5 drops don’t count…we watched the sky change colors and set up the fire to cook our sausages and marshmallows. 2 bags of marshmallows and they were kind enough to share and even didn’t mind that I won’t eat the pink ones (eww!). I don’t think we stopped laughing all evening…and even after crawling into our sleeping bags (overstatement—sheets and maybe blanket)…so much fun. It was a cold night so no one slept all that well but it was still very hard to get up at 430 so we could try for the top for sunrise.
Worth it! at the top again it was cold…we were all huddled under my sleeping bag and chitenjis. Sitting as close together for warmth and yet we stayed for a long time because it was peaceful and beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. As always, the pictures are awesome! Wish I was there.
    Hope the teacher hiring goes well. j

    ReplyDelete