Thursday, May 17, 2012

mtn overnite


Went up the mountain on Saturday with Miriam who I met on the plane on the way here came down from Lilongwe with her 3 dogs (puppies) and we stayed the night at the mountain hut. I went to the market early and bought two bundles of wood and had one of the school boys take it up the mountain (we wouldn’t have been able to carry it). she arrived and we packed bags with all the food she brought…2 dogs on leashes, 1 following/leading us…it was a slow way up but the views (of course) were very nice. Watched the sun set, made a fire to cook our noodles and have hot chocolate and went to bed early (it was dark)…the dogs tried to take my bed as I stayed out a bit later to watch the full moon on such a clear night but I evicted them and slept quite well the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment