Thursday, May 24, 2012

more strategy

More teaching strategy…maybe…I’ve noticed that often in a family if the parents are calm the children are more calm…if the parents are louder so are the kids…kids really do learn and mimic what they see (nothing new). I think that pets do the same (roughly)…calm owners often (not always) have calm pets…I’m not quite as sure on that one…but there is a puppy that just does not seem to be learning and is in a quite high energy family…anyway..to school. I have noticed that when I start the day quietly—with energy but still calm and collected in class it seems to go much better. The kids pick up on that. Of course I then I lose my temper and it really doesn’t help…to raise my voice just seems to make the class louder. So now I am trying to keep that in mind and I would have to say this last week was much better (though I was still very glad that it was a short week).
A way to help me stay calm I’ve noticed is walking in the mornings…early early but a walk around nkhoma on the tar road with Reinette really does good for my mood and I seem to stay calmer longer throughout the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment