Thursday, May 3, 2012

drawing

The first morning back to school I was taking school fees and making sure things were starting and I also was doing the bible story for first and second grades (we combine and I thought/hoped martha would have something prepared but alas). So I asked the kids to think about their favorite bible story…they have heard so many—this year and past years that they must know at least one story…and then I aksed them to draw a picture of it…well I just told you (or will in an upcoming post) how much they like to draw from their heads. Most of them sat and stared…then a few started drawing…we ended with a couple of manger scenes, moses in the desert, david and goliath (drawn by david), adam and eve (drawn by adam), crucifixion (it has recently been easter so that is big on the mind)…but I would have to say that I am no closer to knowing what stories they like as most of them took their ideas from the person sitting next to them…these first two weeks have been on the resurrection and the good news that brings us…from how we go out and serve God to doubting Thomas and Jesus’ many appearances before His ascension.

No comments:

Post a Comment