Thursday, May 31, 2012

lake party


Off to the lake with the Veitch’s again. It was Renier’s (the second son) birthday last week and his party was to take the boys in his class to the lake. James and I left at 12 on Friday to pick the boys up from school. We got the 3 youngest boys and 5 of Renier’s classmates. I took the driving from the school to the lake as James was on some medication for infection in the leg that had gotten pierced when he tried to stop a fight in the village on Wednesday night. The last part of the road is sand but I made sure not to stop (or we’d get stuck)…hit a big bump but just kept going and made it no problem. there are two little houses at the lake…the boys were getting the small one and we would get the big one (with the kitchen so we could cook). They entertained themselves all weekend long, building forts, making fires, setting up shops to sell and trade…I think it was great to have 9 boys…except when we started water fights…I seem to hold up to 8 boys in the water (as I am still alive today) but whew it was close for a little while. (I still think that I might have won in the end). Louis went to Reinette and asked her to help me against all the other boys because if you pull on someone enough you can break them and if a person breaks they can die. So sweet.
Bonfires, fireworks, Risk, Guess Who, great food, good weather, a wonderful weekend. On the way home Reinette, Amanda, Jamie and I stopped to buy pots and at the woodmarket…but before we left we sent the boys off to be returned home…the bus (that I drove in) was squeaking a lot and it didn’t sound good. I was worried about that bump I hit…oh I was hoping I hadn’t broken the bus…turns out it was just sand that we blasted it out with an air pump and all was ok again. Relief flooded thru me…

No comments:

Post a Comment