Thursday, February 9, 2012

no power

Thurs we had power when I woke up and Reinette and I went for a walk. When I got back to the cottage there was no power but that isn’t too surprising…went to school where there was power…that was surprising. When I got back for lunch I checked the main switch (I have been sitting in the dark before when it was only my house and it was the switch that had flipped)…it was on so we should have power. Tried to call Escom (power company) and got through…they said they would send someone and check. But they didn’t…at least I don’t think so. No power all night. I kept trying to call back and couldn’t get through (felt like they were ignoring me). Had other people calling but they couldn’t get through either (so it wasn’t just me). Woke up early Friday and called (5:30) and the guy said yes, he was just talking with Mr. Veitch about that exact problem and they would send someone. I believed him this time. And yet at lunch still nothing…and that night again nothing…and it was raining. So I was told that they were just waiting for the rain to stop…I went to bed. Sometime between 2 and 4 am it was restored to us. So when we woke up early and had power we were so excited! And then Saturday the power went out twice—for all of the area…once in the morning (only over our time for the market) and then in the evening (over dinner of course). But at least it wasn’t just us.

No comments:

Post a Comment