Wednesday, February 8, 2012

laminating issues

So we had gotten a new laminator sometime before Christmas for the school. I’d been using one from the hospital before that. I had been the only one to use the new one and while I didn’t feel that I needed to be the sole operator I suppose I should have taken more ownership…but it isn’t really mine. Anyway. The two vols we have now are helping in classes and in the afternoons they are doing some of the paperworks things—making new reading books at higher levels, checking that we still have full sets of the older reading books, and making some matching games for the younger classes, and doing the flashcards that I’d been so tired of…I was a little late one day and had no power in the cottage…when we got to school Marlinde tried to tell me about the laminator being broken and I said no no there is just no power…and then I found out that there was…took the machine home as I didn’t have a screwdriver to fit…and had to take the whole thing apart…which I think I did pretty well…got the melted paper out (takes ages and is a bit challenging). Put it back together…also pretty well and it worked for a few days…I was still worried that something would get stuck as not all of the papers would come out flat…and sure enough there is another one stuck now…shame…
*but I fixed again…this time I think for real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment