Friday, February 17, 2012

market



The market is like exercise for me. I find it so hard to get the motivation to go but I do (usually) enjoy it when I go. And I make it a point to go on Saturdays which is the big day so the time to really go. Getting food that you know is fresh (of course some is so fresh that it doesn’t last very long at all after buying)…and just seeing what is there…you can see what is in season or what is coming into season and you really can’t find what is going out of season. So avocados are coming back…mangos are in but going very soon, okra comes back now…you can always find onions (sizes vary), tomatos, bananas and cabbage…carrots and eggplant (aubergine) occasionally.

And bugs of varying sorts at various times. And it really isn’t too expensive…of course the expense (and even then it is negligible) for me is buying the tchitenji (cloth)…the bright colors and patterns. Almost every time I go to the market I buy another one and if I’m with others who buy them I usually get more than one…I’ve got a whole stack right now—just have to figure out what I want to do with them…suits, skirts, bags, aprons…opportunities are endless in many ways. But what would I really use? Or what would others use or appreciate? and then i think--what's it matter...i like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment