Wednesday, April 14, 2010

school days

Mom came to school the next morning and as excited as the kids had been about her coming they wouldn’t talk to her. But I could tell they were checking her out. And by the first hour she was able to ask questions and get answers (sometimes). It was obviously a Friday as the kids were a little more rambunctious than usual. By break time they seemed pretty comfortable with Mom and when we went outside they surrounded her as well as me—trying to plait her hair as I quickly nixed that idea. I was also trying to show Don about teaching in centers as he was going to take over for the next week while I left the country for my visa extension and felt a little bad that it was such a chaotic handing over. He had the class for 2 weeks before I came and gave me a nicely laid out plan of what he had done and covered in class. I gave him some worksheets and showed him the centers and different options and then asked if he had questions…he came and observed and helped in class on Friday so I guess he got some idea. The last 15 minutes I set up the balance beam and had the kids walk forwards, backwards, hop and dipstep down. They loved it and it seemed to bring a little order to the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment