Friday, April 30, 2010

lemons

So I’d been carrying these oranges (clementines) in my purse since Sunday or even Saturday when we went to the market. The thing about citrus here is that they are all green in the market. Even when ripe…oranges, lemons, limes. I think grapefruit is the only thing that is the right color. But I’d been buying oranges from one guy in the market and they’ve always been good. So I get back from dinner on Wednesday and decided that I would clean out my purse and in the process decided to eat one of the oranges instead of putting it in the kitchen. So I peeled it, took a section and popped it in my mouth. And cringed. It was a lemon and very juicy and very sour…tears sprang to my eyes as I emitted a cry. Rhona just started laughing and I can’t blame her as I rushed for the kitchen…only in Africa really…

1 comment:

  1. Got done reading this entry and my mouth was watering? jim

    ReplyDelete