Sunday, April 25, 2010

acting out

One of my village boys is starting to act out somewhat violently and I think it is because he doesn’t understand. A couple of the other kids were doing that at the beginning of the year but have seemed to have moved on (hopefully to understanding but I guess you never know). The other is acting out through climbing on all the furniture (desks, tables and chairs) and jumping off as well as chasing the other children but not fighting (usually). They both have these big brown eyes that they watch everything with and it really looks like they want to be there and learn and be good. My new student seems to speak some English and doesn’t seem to have that wide eyed innocence but then I know that he doesn’t understand everything but also wants for me to see what he is doing (I know this because every time he does anything I hear, “madam, can you see?” usually repeated at least twice. The other kids are picking up on it but it isn’t as annoying as the “and me also” that I think I haven’t heard in quite a while. And madam is a change from teacher jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment