Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Staff Class


My classes with the staff of HOM went by the wayside after about 3 of them when I arrived. Things got busy with two to three groups in at a time. But since I’ve returned from my South Africa trip we have started up again. We sometimes have had double groups in but the classes have been given a priority. I’m not sure how well I’m doing in a priority standard but I answer questions and we do some reading for pronunciation and vocabulary. I’ve also found a YouTube series that we are enjoying right now. Sometimes I feel that it is too easy for them but then I change my mind because we are getting so much vocabulary out of it and getting to ask questions about the things they are talking about doesn’t come easily. I think it is good for them to have to listen to it as well (a voice and dialogue other than mine). It is made for an Asian learner I think…at least they talk about being in Asia and sometimes there are words in a different language on the screen. The story last week was about going to a tea house, ordering at a restaurant, etc. If you are interested you can look it up—“the best English” series. We are also working on when and how to use ‘could, should, would, might, must, etc.’ These are tough questions!
not from classes but just hanging out--
Woodley (lives here), me, LJ (pastor Luc's son), Patty, Gloria (pastor Luc's daughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment