Friday, May 10, 2013

Listening

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get my classes to practice more actual speaking. And I don’t know that I’m doing a very good job of it but at least I’m thinking about how to do it (any suggestions are welcome). I did family relations and then at the next class just put up some questions on the board and they could pick and choose as they went around asking and answering questions. Not too bad. Then I found a short listening exercise of someone talking about his family and speaking slowly enough (for the most part) to be heard…and asked questions and talked about that some. It might work. We’ll have to give it a little longer before I know anything (and quite possibly I won’t ever really figure it out).
Someone did tell me that they thought Madame Sterling and Jean Gaudy were getting better! That was great to hear as I can’t tell. I think I’m too close and see them too often to see the improvements.
We prepare them for today, tomorrow and until eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment