Friday, May 3, 2013

Leaving


Patty has left. She was at HOM when I arrived and stayed 7 months of her 6 month commitment. She helped lots with the teams and she worked with Madame Sterling on sales and ideas for the gift shop and the vocational school here. We lived together for my first two weeks here and then were next door neighbors for the rest of the time. I appreciate her friendship and how she showed me the ropes in the beginning. It was sad to see her go, but she’s promised that she isn’t done with Haiti. God put it in her heart and she’ll be back.
On her last weekend we went to the beach. She invited Madame Sterling and Mathanie to come. We went to Moulin sur Mer (Windmills on the Sea). I’d never been there before. It is very pretty. It has a hotel, museum, beach resort, restaurant, putt putt golf course and more. Jude drove us in his tap tap. We swam (I use that term loosely as the water wasn’t deep enough to need to swim), lounged, ate lunch. The others checked out the pool but I still don’t see the allure of a pool when you have the ocean right there. I tried to find deeper waters and swam out to the rope that surrounded the swimming area—my hand hit bottom about 3/4ths of the way out! Then it was time to head home. We got to ride in the official golf cart back out to our vehicle (oh we felt special!). I came home a bit pink but very happy with my day at the beach with some very fun people.
Jude, Patty, Mathanie, Madame Sterling, Jessi
The Tuesday night before Patty left we went to La Maison for ice cream. A nice send off for her as ice cream is always good. She is now back in LA, missing us but enjoying the food, hot showers and ease of getting what you want/need when you want/need it…



1 comment:

  1. Can't stay away, can you! Keep up the good work and be safe.

    ReplyDelete