Friday, July 6, 2012

Moving

Back into the cottage on Thursday when Maralise returned from South Africa…woke up on Friday completely confused…where I was I knew on some level but I couldn’t figure out what I was supposed to do…what to eat for breakfast, when to leave to get to school, what to take with me, etc…but the day worked out.

Saturday I went to the lake for the night with Ute. When we take it easy in the morning the time we spend at the lake is actually relaxing and feels much longer than it is (though of course we would love to really stay longer). Stopped at the Red Zebra Lodge for lunch where we were informed that they have no fish…at the lake and no fish…too windy for the small boats to go out. So burgers instead…beautiful weather though the water was cold for swimming (but of course we did).
Sunday I moved into the veitch’s house for 2 nights…they were gone to the lake for 3 days and wanted someone in the house to stay with the animals…now I have stayed in all but 2 of the azungu houses in nkhoma! Woke up Monday morning after a strange dream that they had sent a cleaning crew to the house but hadn’t told me and the crew wouldn’t talk to me…strange…back to the cottage hopefully for the remaining time here…can’t believe it is less than 2 weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful photos Jessi. I'm going to miss your pictures and blog when you leave Malawi. So thanks for all the wonderful reports about your life out there!

    ReplyDelete