Monday, July 9, 2012

bonfire

Friday night the girls had the guesthouse lit a bonfire outside (of course). That was the plan anyway but when I went over they still hadn’t started. Then one came to tell me they were starting. I went out and it was pleasant…cool so we were all sitting as close to the fire as we could. Looking around there were so many Americans! It is not a usual occurrence to have many Americans (thought looking at the guest house books it will be getting more common) and there were 4 of us along with 4 Irish and 2 Dutch. Then another American arrived with his guitar and one of the Malawians he is living with. So we sat around singing songs and chatting. At one point I leaned over to the dutch girls sitting next to me and pointed out that Americans are strange (I was then told I’d better get used to it as I am headed home soon)…it was a nice evening…we realized we know the choruses of many songs but can’t get too far in any one song…works also for our short attention spans…

No comments:

Post a Comment