Wednesday, July 18, 2012

lake finale


Feel like time is flying…have to get to the lake as much as I can before going home…I mean if I’m going to have to take the pills for the bellharzia I might as well give myself the full benefit of maybe really needing it…so the two weekends before I left I found myself in Senga Bay. The first was with Ute for an overnight…beautiful, relaxing and quiet at the CCAP cottages. Only downside was there was no fish at the restaurant (WHAT???) they said it was too windy for the little boats to go out as most of the fishermen don’t know how to swim.

The next weekend we (Reinette, Rhona, Amanda and I) met Linn, Mike, Froydis, Anna and Iain at Cool Runnings. Still beautiful but of course more people means not as quiet…though still relaxing. A barbeque at the beach…fish dinners…napping on the sand…swimming. On the way there we stopped to get milk as Reinette knew of an amazing drink—a spoon of Nutella in a cup of hot milk…wow…and Rhona had brought me some Nutella…
we also stopped at the pot-potters to pick up pots that Reinette and I had ordered in May. He had told us they would be ready in 3 weeks so 2 months later they still werent’ around…well, not quite true…I’d been back 3 weeks after and nothing…Reinette was there 2 weeks after that and still nothing…same for the next 2 times we were at the lake…last week when I was with Ute he called me and said he was in Lilongwe with the pots…not helpful as I was at Senga Bay and then he sold them…we stopped by on arrival and they still weren’t out…but they were being decorated right then so we told him that we would be back on Monday…and he please please chonde chonde had to have them ready…and he did….

1 comment:

  1. I just want to walk into the photos.

    jim

    ReplyDelete