Wednesday, April 11, 2012

passion

clockwise: butternut squash, avocado, sweet potato, red chili pepper, natchi (clementine), lemon, orange, passion fruit, and the middle (slightly green) guava


I don’t think I’ve ever discovered passionfruit or granadilla before. Fresh that is. And it is amazing. It looks odd. Since moving into Maralise’s I get at least 5 a day from the gardener (there is a tree just out back. They have a smooth yellow/green shell…though the ones that others are used to are often purple on the outside and wrinkled. And these wrinkle after a few days and I think those are a little sweeter (once wrinkled) but I often don’t wait…and the taste is tart and rich. It really just hits you.
Great in yogurt…with fruits in salad…and icing (maralise made some and told me to put it on a cake…but I ate it by the spoonful so I will try not to make that again)…
Avocados are still in season as well! makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment