Wednesday, November 23, 2011

unrest

Malawi needs our prayers. There has been lots of unrest and it has started getting into the school children as well. I found out at bible study last night that the last couple of weeks in the schools around nkhoma incidents have been happening. At the government school last week a guy from one of the villages went into the hostels (where most of the students stay) with a ponga knife (machete) and was harassing students. Last weekend there was a soccer game that got out of hand and in the fight afterward a primary school student was killed. And at the private boys school William Murray all of the Form 3 and 4 students have been expelled because there was fighting over another soccer game (I think). This means they will not be able to sit exams and will have to reapply to the school. I don’t know what the underlying causes are or if these are the true stories (well whole stories).
Along with the petrol, diesel, and gas (propane) crisis…please keep Malawi in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I totally love this place and have to visit again this coming December for holiday season with my family.

    I totally love this place and have to visit again this coming December for holiday season with my family.

    ReplyDelete