Tuesday, November 29, 2011

flash cards

So I don’t know if it happens quite as much at home but as soon as you send something home here with the kids, it is as good as gone. Even if they bring it back…flashcards are destroyed almost as soon as you put them in the folders to go home…so with the first set of math ones I had the idea of getting them laminated…and it is now the bane of my existence. I still can’t really tell if it is working to extend the life of the cards but now I’ve been volunteered to laminate all of the flash cards…this is math and sight words and the double letter blending sounds and….and….and…it just goes on and on…but then I do think it is working (I hope it isn’t just positive thinking). Of course you can only laminate when there is power and you have laminating sheets…but once you’ve laminated then you have to cut them apart and keep them in sets…and if you get the cheaper laminating sheets you have to send them through a couple of times to make sure they are sealed. And I know I’m making this sound terrible and taxing and I do that when I’m talking as well but really I don’t mind. I know what I have to do and there is something there at the end…(and I’m almost out of laminating sheets—though not really almost out of flash cards)

No comments:

Post a Comment