Friday, October 4, 2019

Nkhoma

I had another week in Nkhoma as Marion Medical didn't call me in for the last week of Team 2. I was able to visit with friends and see Ebenezer school (where I taught in 2010-2012).

On Monday I substituted for one of the Grade 2 classes. I think I did alright but was no real replacement for their teacher.

Tuesday, Lizzy and I conquered the mountain again. It was a hot day but there was a pretty good breeze for most of the climb. (I'm trying to stay active and ready for the hikes to wells)

Wednesday, I had a nice visit with Maralise. She was a surgical nurse when I was here in 2010 and now she is doing many diverse things like running the synod guest house, prison visits, and teaching classes with the pastors' wives.

Thursday, I got to see the computer class in action with laptops. usually David used a projector to teach but there was no power and so there was a bit more chaos than usual.

Friday, I helped with some computer input at Ebenezer having to do with scholarships and sponsors. (If you'd like to become a sponsor, check out www.ebenezernkhoma.com )

And then got ready to meet up with Marion Medical Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment