Sunday, September 29, 2019

The mountain

On Thursday it was cool enough to hike the mountain. Usually I make a very early start but I didn't get out of bed in time for that. I thought of waiting for another day but the weather stayed cool and I decided to do it.

Lizzy (9 year old who is staying with Isabelle -with her mom) asked if she could come with me. I said yes and in my head rearranged my expectations of my hike. I figured we would go as far as she likes and I could do the top another time. We packed water and some snacks and started off. After two false starts (Lizzy's socks kept crawling down into her shoes before we even left the yard) she changed socks and off we went.

She is a mountain goat! Sure of her feet and ready to go! We made it to picture rock, then to the mountain hut where we took a little break. I asked how she was doing and if we'd gone far enough. She asked how far I usually go and when I said the top she said let's go! And so we did.

It gets steeper from the hut to the top and we took our time but we made it and really enjoyed the view!

By the time we made it down our legs were shaky and now 2 days later I can still feel it! But Lizzy is so excited that she did it, she's ready to go again! So maybe on Tuesday...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment