Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Next adventure (from Nkhoma to MMM)

On Saturday, Isabelle and Sigrid and I headed into Lilongwe. First stop: immigration office. Traffic was crazy on the way in (and for the rest of the day in town), but there was no line at immigration! It was so easy to get my visa extended--I wasn't expecting that (in 2010, it was always a very long wait to get visas). Next some shopping and money exchange. 

Isabelle's favorite restaurant now in Lilongwe is Lark. We went for lunch and I totally understand it. Very good food and a nice garden setting. Then they drove me up to Mponela (another 40 minutes North of Lilongwe) where Team 1 from Marion Medical Mission was spending their last night. What a reception! Many of them didn't know that I was coming plus they were gathering from the far flung areas they'd been working for the last 3 weeks. Stories to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment