Friday, October 11, 2019

Ending and beginning

Sunday was Team 1's departure day. Steve led worship.

He talked about the beginning of McDonalds. That it's mission was to provide predictable, affordable fast food. And it was a meteoric success. Then they branched off marketing to children and stock prices fell. It is called mission drift. (If you notice none of the new McD's have play areas or Ronald hanging around, they look like Starbucks-and prices for again.)

Marion Medical Mission's mission is not about water. It is not about digging. MMM is about sharing the love of Christ by providing clean water. MMM is about love. The wells are just the vehicle.

And at the wells, I see the love. I see the joy. And I see the clean water. It is a sight to behold.

Then we went around the circle sharing moments or thoughts or feelings from the last 3 weeks.

I talked about feeling like I've been running late. I wanted to be in both teams but couldn't make the work. Got here two weeks earlier but a week late for Team 1. I was ready to jump in but that wasn't what happened, I wasn't called into service. And then I realized that I was right where I needed to be. Catching up with friends, being at and with Ebenezer school around the accident, and holding Thamar (adorable baby). And then meeting up on Saturday. To a beautiful reception- such welcome and excitement even with the exhaustion and closing.

I was asked by some if I was ready for wells, for Team 2. And my answer had been: No, I'm not, but I will be and I'm getting there. Getting to hear their moments and experiences - bringing back the reminders of what we do - not that you ever really forget - I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment