Sunday, September 22, 2019

Arrival

I left home Wednesday. Kelley drove me to Charlotte where we said hi to her sister and kids and then were taken to Paco's Tacos by her parents. (loud, busy restaurant with some very tasty tacos) 

Then we were up at 345 to get to the airport for my 610 flight. While checking in at the kiosk, it wanted to charge me for my luggage. (On an international flight!?! Never!) The desk clerk helped me to link my flights (which should have been done as I bought them as one) and got my free bag. I was impressed and grateful. 

Plane number 1, leg 1 (clt->iad): before takeoff they had to turn it all off to reset some error message they were getting. Didn't take too long and we were on our way!

#2, 2(iad->add): 15 hours, 3 movies and one book down along with a few naps and not nearly enough time moving around the cabin.

#3, 3 (add->fbm): stop added after I bought the ticket and added 2+ hours the trip, Delayed take off because of something wrong with fuel getting to one of the wing engines. Another movie and nap. 

#3, 4 (stop for an hour but can't get off) (fbm->llw): an hour on the ground, some new passengers, a little more sleep. Then through the grinding gridlock of customs and visa requirements. To pick up my bag and meet Isabelle! 

3+ hours later than expected but I'm back in Malawi! Spending my first weekend at the lake with Isabelle, to relax and fight that jetlag. (6 hour difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment