Monday, August 19, 2013

Beach day

It was also strongly suggested that we go to the beach. It was already a part of my "plan" and he said he would come with us if we left early enough. We didn't. But he did show us to the bus and send us on our way. 
It probably took as long to get to that beach from the city as it does on Haiti (about an hour). The public beach there is free (and still clean) which is a change. There were many food stalls all clumps together and then quite a wide beach. No waves as they had built a barrier out in the ocean but beautiful shallow water. I went for a walk along the beach to check it out and hadn't made it far when it started pouring. The beach is lined with hotels and they all have umbrellas out (for the sun) but they work pretty well for rain too. When it stopped I headed back to find Wislande and Mathanie but they hadn't decided on anything yet (where to sit or swim) so I went to continue my walk. 
I we then picked up by 2 hotel workers who work for the 5 star resort on the end of the strip. Said they would show me round and I could get info on specials and things. Another rainstorm came up and we waited. When we made it to their hotel it was time for them to eat and I wasn't allowed to wander by myself (really...) so I went back and it was time to swim. Spent most of the time teaching Wislande some basics for swimming-pretty difficult to kick and paddle at the same time. Also to float as I think they might really be more dense than we are. But she did well and it was fun. Then the rains came gain and looked like they weren't going to stop. We waited for a little while and decided that it wasn't worth waiting longer so we hopped on a bus for home. 
The next morning was our trip back to Haiti. Easy bus ride again except this time the movies were all in Spanish. No problems at the border other than not being in control of my passport for a part of it. That always makes me nervous. Been back for a week in the hustle and bustle of HOM, sorry I've gotten behind but last week was busy as you will soon hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment