Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Eve

A concert at the church. The Fidelity Gospel Choir. Nadege is in that choir and they practice a lot! Friday nights, Saturday mornings from 6:30-10 easy. I can’t believe it. But then they are good. I went in and sat down and the next thing I knew Wahite Frick (Wyfrik-English assistant) was at my side. Nice to see someone I know. And he translated some for me which is an extra bonus. Praise songs abound and at the beginning the volume was good…but as the evening went on the volume kept getting raised to the point that I actually left early (not too early but still—and not like I could go far, I could hear it all over the compound). They invited some other choirs as well as some soloists and they were amazing. For one of the songs they had a couple who danced which was a lot of fun and a surprise for everyone I think…at first I thought they weren’t supposed to be doing it but it was too well rehearsed and very well done. Nadege sang the last song’s lead. It really popped! Wahite Frick told me that it was a conversion song about coming to Jesus. A fun night.
This is not the concert but a group wedding for couples who have been cohabitating. They go through a Sunday school class at church. The dresses and rings have all been donated. There are 8 couples that got married on Dec. 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment