Sunday, December 11, 2011

laminating- 3rd times the charm

So I’ve been laminating for school for ages…flashcards for math and sightwords and blended sounds…and I’ve confiscated the laminator from the hospital…really—they asked for it back and I didn’t give it…turns out they didn’t really want it just to know where it was, but still. And so we got a donation for office supplies and decided that we would get a guillotine (paper cutter), a binding machine, and a laminator…Ken and Colleen were in town getting the new things along with other supplies and colleen said she thought I should be there to pick out the laminator as I was the one who knew the most about it…don’t know that I really do…but they picked one and brought it back…I saw it the next day at school and had to send it back immediately…it only takes A4 sized papers (the size that the rest of the world outside the US uses) as we get so many donations from the US and we had just gotten 300 laminating pouches from the US that were letter sized there was no way it would work. Ken asked if I couldn’t just cut all the pouches (haha). So they took it back and got one that would do anything from A3 size and smaller…perfect. Except for when I plugged it in. the lights came on but it never heated up and so wouldn’t melt the plastic to laminate the pages…the next one that came back they had tested in the store and it works! (I tried it at school as soon as there was power)…so I still have loads of flashcards to do but now I will be doing them at school whenever there is power…and when there isn’t power I’ll have time to cut them apart…

No comments:

Post a Comment