Saturday, December 10, 2011

christmas plans

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes...i'm doing much better...back on roughly tasty foods...still avoiding some but no longer fasting or eating only dry bread.


Christmas is coming…I hope you all have a wonderful advent season. School ends on the 9th of December and begins again on the 9th of January. The eye hospital closes on the 16th due to rainy season and the lack of patients they get…until the beginning of February…so we are going traveling…it started as a brainstorm when I returned from Mozambique in july…Jane, Ute and I were going to do a southern Africa tour…going through Zambia to Vic Falls, into Botswana to visit a friend of Jane’s, then Zimbabwe to visit one of Ute’s friends and then to Mozambique to see the ocean and then back ot Malawi…well, Jane can’t come back quite so soon and we’ve been told that Botswana in the rainy season isn’t a good idea at all…so our plans have changed but Ute and I are still going on a trip…roughly we are thinking of leaving around the 18th to go to Mozambique coast for Christmas and possibly new year…then make our way back inland to visit her friend in Zimbabwe and do some hiking in the beautiful mountains (not sure if they are on the moz side or zim…and then back to Malawi…I’ll let you know if we come up with more specifics than that but so far we are pretty unplanned…

2 comments:

  1. Jessi,
    Enjoy your Mozambique travels. Should you encounter any problems there, feel free to contact me. The people I worked with on my 3 mission trips (the three Presbyterian churches we built) have contacts throughout the country. If you make it to Pemba, I recommend "Russels" camp ground. It is across the street from the ocean.
    jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need a tour company at a very reasonable rate try these guys [ www.livingstonetrails.co.za
    ]. I've used them for 2 Kruger trips and would do so again. They cover Vic Falls...
    (oh, I'm getting jealous)

    jim

    ReplyDelete