Thursday, October 12, 2017

Team 1

All done! That last week was a good one (for the most part). Kimberly and I both got sick on Wednesday (might have been some strawberries I bought). Dan and Don went out in separate trucks so the wells would still be installed. Thursday I went out with Don, and Friday, Kimberly did. It was hot and I figured rest was good especially as both the trucks we had were in use. I helped with a total of 88 protected water sources this year. That approximately gets clean water to 13,200 people (150 per well)!!!

We convened on Saturday in Lilongwe to check in, get some shopping (woodmarket), and prep to head home. Except I'm not headed home. Doug Kee, Tom Kage and I headed for Nkhoma. I'm here to visit those I lived and worked with and to see Ebenezer school. Doug and Tom are visiting their partner church just down the road.

Team 1 completed ~1300 + wells leaving ~1500 to be installed. Team 2 came in on Sunday. Prayers and thoughts are with them in their adventure!

Sponsor a protected water source (only $400) at www.mmmwater.org

No comments:

Post a Comment