Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Nkhoma

(Pictures of grade 4 making paper briquettes for cooking, and some of my students all grown up)

Got to visit a week in Nkhoma after finishing with Marion Medical Mission. At church in Sunday I was invited to the front as a visitor (not a first timer but as someone who has been gone for a long time) and thought I would have to introduce myself but they didn't really give me a chance. I greeted the congregation (said hello) and they prayed for me to do the work that God has for me and to support the church as I am able.

I had time to visit with many dear friends and hear about what is happening in Nkhoma. And lots is happening in Nkhoma. (Always)

I toured Nkhoma University, classes in teaching and .... With 200 students during the week and about 400 taking weekend classes (long hours - Friday from 1 to 10, Saturday 7 to 10 and Sunday too).

I went to Ebenezer where they are growing so quickly! Chrissie is doing a great job but finding it tough as both Heather and Susan left earlier this year (expat volunteers who were doing lots of admin and overseeing). As I was around and didn't have other plans, Chrissie asked me to help in the kindergarten classes as her teachers were sick. Ah, it took me back to my first year...though the class this time was full (30 learners as opposed to my 12) and they understood much more English (having been in school for 2 years already).

They need and are looking for sponsors for the learners, if you are interested please let me know! (only $25 per month!)

I got to see the students I taught, now in grades 6 and 7! So tall and well poised.

No comments:

Post a Comment