Monday, July 1, 2013

New LTV

LTV= long term volunteer
I have a new roommate…have had for about 2.5 weeks now. In my small room I have to admit to being pretty leery about having someone else move in for 6 weeks…not much storage space (Americans bring a lot of luggage usually), bunk beds, etc. I’ve had different people in for shorter amounts of time and most of them I’ve known already or only over lapped a little bit of time. This is 6 weeks! Maddie came down with a group in March so supposedly I had met her but while she looked a little familiar when she arrived I didn’t know who she was. We get on very well. It didn’t take much time at all to know that it was going to be ok. Even having to share our small room I know that I’m going to be sorry to see her go in mid-July. She is a third grade teacher and there was an idea that she would come down to help me with classes and ideas…but school is out so that is not going as planned though we have done some school stuff. We are having a great time helping with the teams that have been here. Won’t want to see her go but I don’t think I’ll think about that until I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment