Friday, July 5, 2013

A Visitor

Isabelle came to visit! She is finishing her master’s program studies and had a 2 week lecture/practical in Boston and said that since she would be that much closer to me she would come to visit! (not that Boston is close to Haiti but it is a lot closer than coming from Luxembourg) She arrived on a Sunday morning and Marty was galant enough to leave church early with me to pick her up from the airport. I’ll have to admit I was a little worried about getting a visitor as I wasn’t sure what we would be able to do this week (going back to the fact that I don’t get out all that much and don’t have the freedom of a vehicle), but it was a wonderful week, we visited the House of Hope girls, went to Sodo the waterfall, the beach and to the other HOM sites. My week with her was over too soon…

So the first afternoon we went over to the House of Hope to visit the girls. They were doing a painting project when we arrived—painting on a canvas that had a tape cross on it so in the end the cross would be white with a colorful background. I didn’t know it when we arrived but 2 of the girls were quite sick and Nadege was busy getting them care. She said later that it was so good that we were there to keep the others occupied. We sang some songs and played until it was time to eat something. We left when the girls sat down to eat. The 2 girls who were sick got IVs for fluids and on Monday Nadege took them to the hospital since they weren’t getting better. They stayed overnight and are doing fine now. Running and playing with the rest of them. It was scary for a bit but they’ve made a great come back as children often do.

1 comment:

  1. Beyoncé doesn't look very happy!
    It was great to see you in Haiti and I wish I could have stayed longer.
    xx Isa

    ReplyDelete