Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Travel


It takes ages to get from Haiti to South Africa…and a lot of mileage covered. From the Caribbean I flew to NYC, then over to London (where I met Rhona) and then all the way south to Cape Town. I tried very hard to find a flight through South America but they actually took even longer! Coming back to Haiti is no less difficult. From Jo’burg to London to Miami (overnight) and finally back to Port-au-Prince.  But the upside is that one of the long flights I was with friends. Rhona, Isabelle and I were on the same flight from Jo’burg to London…and we were able to fix it that we sat next to each other! The agent who checked us in looked at us like we were crazy when she said the only 3 seats available were at the very back but we didn’t care where they were as long as we had that much more time together. Even after 2 weeks we were still talking…not too surprising I suppose. We chatted all through dinner and after dinner a flight attendant came and asked us to hold it down. About 7 minutes later another came and told us to be quiet…I asked if we were really being loud and she said ‘You don’t think so?’ and then she said that someone three rows up was complaining…(I’m so sure that is not true because if I can barely hear the girls next to me unless they have supersonic hearing… and then the In charge came told us that this is our third and final warning…the next time she would have to give us a written charge and we would no longer be welcomed on British Airways again. I asked if she had ear plugs and she was confused as to why I wanted ear plugs but I told her it was for the man in front of me who was doing all the complaining…She wasn’t impressed. But we weighed our options and decided that for us to travel to see each other we would probably have to use BA again so we stopped talking…not the nicest way to end but we still got a few laughs out of it. I wonder what the man would have done if we’d snored—I think that would have been much worse than our chatter…

No comments:

Post a Comment