Friday, April 19, 2013

Back in Haiti

Fear God and observe his commandments, tat is what is all men must do.
When I got back to Haiti I had a great welcome (besides being left at the airport because they couldn’t remember which day I was coming back). Everyone was happy to see me. Those who didn’t really know I was gone knew that I hadn’t been seen in a while. I didn’t work on Monday as that was my return day…I met the team that was here and I did go to the staff meeting but other than that I slept and unpacked and slept some more. Tuesday’s are my off mornings…I was put to work picking up rocks in the soccer field since many Haitians play barefoot. Um…that would be ok if the whole field didn’t seem to be made of rocks…it would have made much more sense to me to bring in more dirt to cover the field but it wasn’t up to me.  So I helped the team move a lot of rocks (but didn’t see too much difference in the end). For my teachers’ classes I was going to just have a talking day…they would have to tell me about their holidays. I knew it would be hard to get them to talk, for everyone to try it has to be a very specific question and even then. And I would tell them about my holiday with plenty of time for explanations (I hope). So I arrived for the Pre-K teacher class…they all walked in. I was greeted in high fashion…hugs and we missed you and so glad you are back and then—we know you are tired so there is no class today if that is ok with you…um ok with me. I went back for another nap. Not so for the grade teachers but they are a little easier to get to talk anyway…I was a good way to be greeted backJ

No comments:

Post a Comment