Monday, April 8, 2013

Rocks

To God be the glory
1 John 4: 8-10

I’ll intersperse some of the Haiti experiences in with my SA storytelling. It might be confusing but maybe it will stay more up to date (ish).  I got back on Monday morning. I tried to mostly stay up during the day but I refused to work (and wasn’t asked). Tuesday it was jumping all in though. We had a group in from NC and I was asked to help with that during the morning since I don’t have class then. They were picking up rocks from the soccer field here at Terre Noire. It is true that many of the Haitians who come here to play often play barefoot and those rocks can’t feel very good but the whole field looked like it was made of rocks. Yes there is dirt too but seriously not a job I ever would have picked. (also, if this field was made anything like the one at Repatriate there is a layer of rocks underneath a layer of sand and dirt so it would have made more sense to me to layer more sand over the top than try to pick up the rocks out of the field.) We moved the rocks and I think we moved quite a bit of rocks but honestly when I look at that field I still don’t see much of a difference. Hopefully those playing on it feel a difference.
The next day (and the day after that and the day after that) my legs were so sore that I didn’t want to go up or down the stairs (no choice in the matter)…I didn’t feel sore at all when we climbed Table Mountain in South Africa (2 hours up up up)…I let that go to my head too…

No comments:

Post a Comment