Friday, December 21, 2012

Cold showers

I’ve never been a big fan of cold showers. They don’t have to be hot but to not have any heat at all?! And yet after a day in Haiti, I welcome my shower. I feel dusty and grimy even when I’ve been in the classroom (shady) all day. I might have to do with the chalk that seems to get everywhere or the light colored dust that shows up on all clothing and shoes. Of course the temperatures here in Haiti also make it easier to get into that cold shower. So far the evenings do get a bit cooler when the sun has set and only 2 nights have passed that I have really dreaded getting under the water. One was actually a cool evening and the other was just very windy…
I’m grateful for everything that I have…and while maybe wishing for more, I know that what I have is often more than most of the world has. Thank God for my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment