Monday, June 25, 2012

observation class


In the teacher’s morning meeting Colleen (our headmistress) said she was going to observe a lesson in each of the grade classes…I gave a pause for the other two teachers to jump in and say when she should come to their class but they didn’t say anything so I jumped in for the math lesson (full curriculum and I was pretty confident for that one). We were doing subtraction of double digits (having to break up the tens to add to the ones as in 73-56=). Last week we started that with building blocks that stick together in lines of 10 and then we break them up to take away…it went pretty well and now it is just repetition to start with the ones and then the tens…during the beginning I am supposed to ask all sorts of random questions regarding graphs, weather, temperature, counting, date, money…and they do pretty well. We also tried counting by 4s. when we count by 3s we stand up, stomp both feet one at a time and clap for the number. Then for 4s we whisper the numbers as we touch our toes, then knees, then waist and then say the number as we touch our heads…we counted to 40 and then backwards…I thought it was a good stretching exercise…had my workout…
The feedback was that there was too much jumping about…but that is how the lessons are written and how am I supposed to know any different…next time I’ll have to get her the plan from the book so she can follow…

No comments:

Post a Comment